Aftermath of the June 19, 1900 fire in downtown Middleton Buildings destroyed in fire of 1900. St. Bernard’s church left standing. Hoffman’s Middleton Roller Mills, where 1900 fire started on Elmwood Ave. Hoffman’s replacement Roller Mills on Elmwood Ave.; where 1936 fire started Original Opera House on the corner of Parmenter St. & Hubbard Ave., built in 1885 Opera House built in 1903; fire in 1900 destroyed original Bldg. Opera House built in 1903; fire in 1900 destroyed original Bldg. Hoffman Hall on Hubbard Ave.; the scene of much of Middleton’s social life in the early days, built in 1867 The Friendly Store at 1821 Parmenter St.; built in 1856 Washington Hotel at 1912 Parmenter St.; built in 1860 Rennenberg Hotel located in Pheasant Branch The Pheasant Branch Brewery Maulbetsch Meat Market, Hubbard Ave., Thursday, June 13, 1929 Dr. Teckam’s Office on Hubbard Ave. around 1905 Valecia Condensed Milk Co. on Elmwood Ave., built in 1914 Valecia Condensed Milk Co. on Elmwood Ave., built in 1914 Middleton Depot Middleton’s Club Chanticleer Middleton’s Club Chanticleer Shoe Repair Shop on the west side of Parmenter Steet in Middleton Pet Milk Plant on Elmwood Ave.; formally Valecia Condensed Milk Green Grain & Feed Co. , 1810 Parmenter St. (west side), built around 1868. Corner of Parmenter & University Ave.; this Bldg. replaced Durkopp Bldg. that burned in 1900 fire. Weinberg Bldg. & Dufrenne Bldg. on Parmenter St.; both survived fire of 1900. Dufrenne Bldg, Parmenter St. & Elmwood Ave., built in 1898 The Middleton Fair Store on Hubbard Ave. John Dick’s Café/Store, Elmwood & Parmenter; sold to Henry Baltes in 1912 Brumm and Brumm Store on Hubbard Avenue, built in 1900 Ursula Baltes in her Parmenter Street restaurant Ursula Baltes in her Parmenter Street restaurant W.J. Ibenthal bottling pop at the Middleton Bottling Works Bank of Middleton, circa 1905; Otto Burmeister and Frank Pierstorff Dahlk-Zarndt Blacksmith Shop on Elmwood Avenue On the front porch of the Bank of Middleton Breitenback Store in 1913 This page contains digital versions of photographs in the Middleton Area Historical Society (MAHS) archives. Use of these photos for any purpose requires prior approval from MAHS and appropriate credit if used in electronic or printed media.