MAHS has several active committees that are involved in a variety of projects and events. If you are interested in serving on one or more of the following committees, please contact us … you will have a lot of fun, learn more about Middleton’s history, and help us “Keep history Alive.”
- Mission: To manage effectively the membership of our organization and provide a significant on-going source of funding to support Society activities.
- Primary Duties: Attract new members, manage membership records, collect dues payments, periodically review our dues structure.
Building and Design Committee:
- Mission: To maintain, refine and improve the physical facilities of the society to ensure their continued attraction and utility for current and future generations of visitors who wish to learn about the history of Middleton.
- Primary Duties: Responsible for Rowley House security and upkeep, mow lawn, weed the flower beds, repaint exterior/interior when needed, spring cleaning of House.
Collection Management Committee:
- Mission: To manage the collection, preservation and exhibition of artifacts, papers, photographs and other materials that document Middleton history and the lives of its residents.
- Primary Duties: Determine what donated items are appropriate for our collections, assign accession numbers to museum items and record in computer database, help train docents about Rowley House history and artifacts, assist visitors in conducting historic research projects.
Education, Programs, Outreach and Publications Committee:
- Mission: To broaden the Society’s reach to members and non-members for the education and furtherance of local history in Middleton through dynamic programs and communications.
- Primary Duties: Create educational programs, Maintain MAHS website and Facebook pages, develop and publish Historic Fact Sheets, edit and publish MAHS Newsletter, provide historic & Society materials to local papers, speak to local groups about Middleton’s history, create signage for MAHS displays.
Pie and Ice Cream Social Committee:
- Mission: To plan and organize the Society’s largest single fundraising event to ensure a delightful and rewarding experience for all who attend.
- Primary Duties: Reserve facility, contact Band, solicit donations of pies and other food items, identify the helpers and assign duties, advertise and promote the event, serve food items the night of the event, clean up the park shelter.